Friday 19 April 2013

How to Fold an Equilateral Triangle

Here is a protractor-less method for folding equilateral triangles that I came up with a few days ago. It's super easy!

Step 1. Take a square piece of paper,


and fold it into thirds along one of the corners.


Step 2. Fold a corner adjacent to the first into thirds.



Step 3 Cut along the highlighted lines (I usually just crease the creases back and forth until they're weak enough to tear easily).


Ta da! The finished triangle.



This technique was based on the fact that each corner of an equilateral triangle is 60º, and thus two thirds of the 90º corner of a square is equivalent to the corner of an equilateral triangle.

Disclaimer: Although I constructed this method myself, it is so simple that must have thought of it before I did. If so, no infringement upon ideas was intended!

No comments:

Post a Comment